Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) (RQF)
What is the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training ?
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training allows and qualifies you to work in the lifelong learning sector in a full teaching position within further education as well as in some secondary schools.
With this certification you are able to apply for your Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) through the Education & Training Foundation.
What Does it Involve ?
The guided learning hours for this course are 360 – 465 hours.
As the course assignments are on-line, students may study completely at their own pace.
Students will be required to have access to 100 hours of teaching practice whilst on the course. (If you have done any teaching in the past 3 months, we may be able to take this into consideration.)
There is a requirement to be observed whilst on the course for a total of 8 hours. You can be observed by one of your suitably qualified colleagues.
If you require a qualified observer from The Big Teacher, there will be an additional cost.
There are 7 mandatory units within the course, these include;
- Continuing personal and professional development
- Curriculum development for inclusive practice
- Wider professional practice
- Enabling learning through assessment
- Applying theories and principles for planning and enabling inclusive learning and teaching
You can also gain credits by completing Optional Units, examples of these are :
- Action learning for teaching in a specialist area of disability
- Action research
- Delivering employability skills
- Effective partnership working in the learning and teaching context
This course can be delivered internationally.
We have extensive quality assurance systems, and all our courses delivered overseas, are subject to the same standards as those taught within the UK.
You must have a qualified teacher in the workplace to complete your required observations. They must have a UK recognised teaching qualification or equivalent.
You will also have daily access to our tutor support team here in the UK. They are available Monday to Friday via email and telephone.
On successful completion of this course, the learner will achieve a UK recognised, fully accredited qualification/certificate – Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training (DET) (RQF)
- 12 months from enrolment date – We have had learners who have completed the course within 6-12 months.
- A paid extension is available if required.
At The Big Teacher we operate a policy of honesty, our prices are all inclusive of the following:
- Access to our user friendly e-learning platform
- Outstanding tutor support
- Course materials