Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Level 4 Certificate (RQF)
Home Study Higher Level Teaching Assistant Course (HLTA Level 4) is provided for students already qualified at LV3 & employed in a teaching assistant role
What is the Higher Level Teaching Assistant Level 4 Certificate ?
Those who would like the opportunity of progressing onto a Higher Level Teaching Assistant Status can do so through their local education authority (LEA) upon successful completion.
Students will learn how to address challenges created within the workplace. They will develop an understanding of the knowledge and skills required to support individuals, including those with a range of additional needs and small groups.
Learners will complete 7 units of study in total as listed below.
- Understand the Higher Level TA role
- Child Development & Welfare
- Awareness of special educational needs
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Providing Support for Individual Learners & Small Groups
- Developing Skills to Promote Positive Working Relationships
- Curriculum Planning, Delivery & Assessment
- Learners should hold a Level 3 qualification in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools or equivalent. E.g. NVQ Level 3
- A placement either employed or voluntary is required for a minimum of 1 day per week for the duration of the whole Course. The placement must be in a classroom setting (Reception or above).
- Learners must be aged 16+
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
This course comes with 12 months of support included; on average, learners will complete this course within 6 months.
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – 86 Hours
Total Qualification Time (TQT) – 360 Hours
At The Big Teacher we operate a policy of honesty, our prices are all inclusive of the following:
- Access to our user friendly e-learning platform
- Outstanding tutor support
- Course materials