Specialist Support Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3 Diploma (RQF)
This Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools course is suitable for students aged 16+ who are currently working or volunteering in a school in the role of Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant.
What is the TeachING Assistant Level 3 Diploma ?
Fully recognised and accepted by OFSTED this home learning course covers all the units of the Level 3 Cert in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools. In addition, this course will cover 3 additional units covering working with disabled, special educational needs and children with learning and behavioural issues.
Learners will complete 14 units of study in total as listed below.
- Understand children and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s safety
- Engage in personal development in young people’s settings
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations Support
- Children’s speech, language and communication
- Support disabled children and young people and those with SEND
- Support children and young people with behaviour, emotional and social development needs
- No previous qualifications are required.
- A placement either employed or voluntary is required for a minimum of 1 day per week for the duration of the whole Course. The placement must be in a classroom setting (Reception or above).
- Learners must be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
This course comes with 12 months of support included; on average learners complete this course within 6-9 months
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – 232 Hours
Total Qualification Time (TQT) – 440 Hours
At The Big Teacher we operate a policy of honesty, our prices are all inclusive of the following:
- Access to our user friendly e-learning platform
- Outstanding tutor support
- Course materials