Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 2 Certificate (RQF)
This Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 2 course is available to learners aged 16+ who are interested in working within a school as a teaching assistant, classroom assistant or learning support assistant in key stage 1 and above.
What is the TeachING Assistant Level 2 Certificate ?
This is a competency-based qualification which requires students to be employed or have a placement within a school setting.
The aim of the course is to enable students to understand the roles and responsibilities to those involved in supporting teaching and learning in schools and provides an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge required to do this effectively in a self-directed way.
It prepares students to support the teacher and the delivery of curriculum within a school as well as developing skills to help children and young people to develop self-esteem, independence and skills for learning. It seeks to further develop professional and technical skills and knowledge and an understanding of the importance of positive relationships within a school.
TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (RQF) Qualification ref: 601/s726/0
Credit value: 30
Awarding body: TQUK – Training Qualifications the UK
- Child and young person development
- Support Learning activities
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people health and safety
- Support children and young peoples’ positive behaviour
- Schools as organisations
- Prepare and maintain learning environments
No previous qualifications are required.
A placement either employed or voluntary is required for a minimum of 1 day per week for the duration of the whole Course. The placement must be in a classroom setting (Reception or above).
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
This course comes with 12 months of support included:
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – 180 Hours
Total Qualification Time (TQT) – 300 Hours
On average, learners will complete this course within 10 months.
At The Big Teacher we operate a policy of honesty, our prices are all inclusive of the following:
- Access to our user friendly e-learning platform
- Outstanding tutor support
- Course materials