Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3 Certificate (RQF)
This course is available to learners aged 16+ who are interested in working within a school as a teaching assistant, classroom assistant or learning support assistant in key stage 1 or above.
What is the TeachING Assistant Level 3 Certificate ?
The aim of this course is to enable student to understand the roles and responsibilities of those involved in supporting teaching and learning in schools and provides an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge required to do this effectively in a self-directed way.
Learners will complete 11 units of study in total as listed below.
- Understand children and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s safety
- Engage in personal development in young people’s settings
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- No previous qualifications are required.
- A placement either employed or voluntary is required for a minimum of 1 day per week for the duration of the whole Course. The placement must be in a classroom setting (Reception or above).
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
- Basic computer skills: e.g. Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
- Have a genuine desire to succeed
This course comes with 12 months of support included:
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – 180 Hours
Total Qualification Time (TQT) – 320 Hours
On average, learners will complete this course within 10 months.
At The Big Teacher we operate a policy of honesty, our prices are all inclusive of the following:
- Access to our user friendly e-learning platform
- Outstanding tutor support
- Course materials